Disable Volume Change Sound

Sometimes when listening to music or audio from a movie you might not want to hear the volume feedback sound when you go to adjust the volume on the audio. This can be especially annoying when you are trying to be a DJ, for friends or whomever they may be, and playing songs without disrupting the audio when adjusting the levels for each track. You can turn off the volume sound with a few clicks.

Go to System Preferences

Go to Sound

Uncheck the box that says "Play feedback when volume is changed"



Now you can change the volume noise-free!

*Note: You have the option turn off the sound temporarily by holding the Shift key before adjusting the volume. Also, conversely, if you have the feedback box unchecked in Sound under System Preferences, you can hold Shift to temporarily hear the feedback sound when adjusting the volume.

10 Comments:

Anonymous at: November 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM said...

Thanks! Very useful. Hated those noises!

Anonymous at: January 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM said...

Many thanks!

Anonymous at: February 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM said...

See what I think is stupid as heck, is that if I hit shift with the feature disabled, I hear the sound click again. I didn't know about this feature until yesterday, and I'm SO used to hitting the shift key that I do it unconsciously, and I have to play sounds at a show and I can't run the risk of having that sound blurt out, so unfortunately I'll have to keep the feature enabled D:<

Anonymous at: March 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM said...

Great thanks

Anonymous at: April 27, 2013 at 5:16 AM said...

YAY

Anonymous at: June 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM said...

OMG THIS IS SUCH A RELIEF...... So great. Thank you

Anonymous at: September 17, 2013 at 1:53 AM said...

This should have been so obvious, but it wasn't. Thank you. You just made my day!

Anonymous at: October 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM said...

Thank you so much, very helpful.. ugh, it was so annoying

{ Jeanette Friis Agergaard } at: June 1, 2014 at 10:55 AM said...

Hi
Hope you can help me with the following problem: How can I adjust the volume without it showing on the projector which I'm presenting a keynote on?
Hope you can help.

Anonymous at: December 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM said...

Great, thanks! That horrible noise was doing more damage to my ears than my music :P

Post a Comment